The Diocese of Islands & Inlets is presenting a 7-week course from mid-September to mid-November 2022 designed to equip lay leaders.
The course will provide the skills and resources for laity to lead worship services: Morning and Evening Prayer, and the Liturgy of the Word (a church service without the Eucharist).
These 7 sessions will equip lay leaders to:
- Understand the purpose of liturgy
- Follow the lectionary and examine its purpose in worship/liturgical formation
- Understand our Anglican, geographical, social and historical context
- Become familiar with the broad principals and structure of the BCP and the BAS
- Pray creatively and prepare intercessory prayers
- Access the available liturgical, lectionary, prayer and sermon resources
needed to plan and lead a worship service
Via Zoom -
Thursdays at 7:00pm
September 22, 29,
October 13, 20, 27,
November 3 & 10.
Free; participants must purchase their own copies of the required reading.
All those wishing to lead the Liturgy of the Word must have:
- a valid Police Information Check (with Vulnerable Persons Sector check)
- completed Safe Church training within the last 5years.
- Participants may begin the course without these two qualifications in place but must have obtained both before the end of the course in order to be considered “graduated” and obtain permission from the bishop to lead the Liturgy of the Word in their parish.
Participants should contact their warden, priest, or archdeacon to express interest in this course. Registration must be completed by a warden, priest or archdeacon.
In partnership with Bishop Anna Greenwood-Lee, course design and content has been developed and will be presented by:
- The Rev. Sr. Ingrid Andersen (incumbent, Church of the Advent, (Diocese of Islands & Inlets
- The Rev. Canon Donna Joy (Diocese of Rupert's Land)